Friday 28 October 2016

Short and Simple Poppy

Good evening.

As a lot of you probably know I have an obsession with paper cutting at the moment. Before I started paper cutting, I could have spent hours perforating inside and outside designs with the 2-needle perforating tools and cutting with my parchment scissors between each perforation ... My kids thought (and probably still think) I am crazy when I could just use scissors. They are probably glad to see my using at least a scalpel if not scissors.

So today I thought I would go back to my old self and create an almost paper cut but on parchment and using some of the most traditional techniques.


With poopies still on my mind, I used the Art Nouveau Poppies Groovi A5 Square Plate. I embossed, using the No.1 tool, the middle large poppy and moved the parchment around to place the 'vase', leaf and bud around it.

Next I perforated inside and outside the outlines of the design from the front and using a 2-needle perforating tool.

My favourite part, cutting out with my parchment scissors between all the perforations and we are left with the skeleton of the design (looking almost like a paper cut).

Finally I mounted it using 3 brads on the poppy stem onto to red parchment (glossy side up and I tore the bottom edge), black card, and white card which I tore on the right edge and watercolored before mounting the whole piece on a small square card.
 

Short and Simple. Enjoy.

Love and laughter
Tina